PicturePacket is ...
A Windows95/98/NT control program for Terminal Node
Controllers. In its Lite
mode it's all the software many packet users may ever need, and
it's free! Highlights include:
- Automatic receive and display of full color, high-resolution,
Image Files in GIF, JPG, BMP and WMF formats.
- Automatic receive and playback of Audio Files in WAV and
- Familiar, easy-to-learn, easy-to-use Windows interface.
- Separate send and receive windows.
- Unlimited scrollback of receive window history.
- Receive window history carried forward from one session
to the next.
- Fully Windows compliant interface.
- Context sensitive pop-up menu.
- All file operations are Network Aware.
- Optimized for keyboard addicts at no disadvantage to
- Automatic word wrap - receiving and sending.
- Print received text to any printer - local or network.
- Cut, copy and paste between PicturePacket and other
- Find command to search the received text.
- Short-cut keys for most used commands.
- Supports all Windows serial ports.
- Supports all serial port properties.
- Supports all TNC-2 compatibles.
- Supports international character sets.
- User configurable text and background colors.
- Optionally sets TNC clock to UTC or local time.
- Context sensitive on-line help.
- Updates available from the World Wide Web.
- No charge, no registration, license for use of
PicturePacket/Lite in the Amateur Radio Service.
Register and gain access to advanced PicturePacket/Plus
- Your permanent registration ID is valid with future
- Advanced support of popular callsign databases.
- Send and save Image Files in GIF, JPG, BMP and WMF
- Send and save Audio Files in WAV and MP3 formats.
- Send Internet DGPS Beacon messages.
- Send and receive documents, programs and other Binary
- Send Brag files.
- Send Text Files.
- Save or append selected text to a file.
- Send TNC Commands Files to your TNC.
- Automatic TNC Commands Files on TNC open and close.
- 24 easy-to-organize function keys for user-defined
- Instantly redefinable QuickKey Variables for the other
operator's Name and QTH, the WX and your Message-of-the-Day.
- 17 Macros to customize QuickKey messages and facilitate
- Macros are keyboard-accessible for immediate in-line
- Turn on all these advanced PicturePacket/Plus
features with your own PicturePacket/Plus Registration ID.
Registration of PicturePacket/Plus is
just US$29 and may be charged to your PayPal account.
Email to Registration for instructions.
What's new in PicturePacket 1.43.
- Single file installation.
- Updated Help
PicturePacket143.exe. (2.3 MB). The PicturePacket installation
file, last updated: 12 December, 1999. This 32-bit
selfinstalling file will install PicturePacket into the directory
of your choice.
Note: PicturePacket requires the latest
Microsoft run-time support files. If you experience
problems installing PicturePacket such as "missing
files" errors it may be that you do not have these latest
files. In that case, download and install the self-extracting
file, Vbrun60sp3.exe, from the Microsoft
Visual Basic Run-Time Files site, then reboot Windows and
PicturePacket on CDROM.
CQ Magazine Packet Radio Editor, Buck Rogers, K4ABT, is
featuring PicturePacket/Lite on his new CDROM. Buck's CDROM has
over 100 MegaBytes of additional Packet material, DOCs and all
the drawings that you find on his web pages plus the printable
PicturePacket Manual and several other books and articles in PDF
format. Order your copy of this exciting new CDROM from Buck's PicturePacket
Return to the Software From SRHuntting,
Inc Home Page.
Send email to the
author, Stan Huntting, KW7KW (ex-KF0IA).